What does your business need right now? Whether you need to plan for long-term success, to make cost or time efficiencies, or provide better customer experiences, the answer probably lies in a digital experience platform (DXP) – but what does that mean, and how can it help you?
Here’s our guide to finding the right DXP to help you reach your business goals quickly.
What is a Digital Experience Platform, and why do you need one?
You’re probably more aware of DXPs than you know. The providers themselves offer so many services that most marketers have heard of the big players such as Adobe, Sitecore, Salesforce, and you may have already used tools within the platforms without knowing how powerful they are.
There are lots of jargon-heavy ways to explain what a DXP is but Sitecore give the most human-friendly definition:
‘In today’s digital world, organizations stay competitive by building relationships through communication, which requires speaking and listening. Organizations use content to speak and data to listen.
Digital experience platforms offer organizations an integrated suite of tools to foster meaningful relationships by speaking and listening to customers, prospects, partners, employees, and other audiences.’
In recent times we’ve seen a massive shift across sectors to deliver market-leading digital customer experience, but it hasn’t been smooth sailing for the teams behind the scenes, Acquia reported:
- 97% of organizations have had challenges with tech and processes designed to support digital transformation
- Over 50% of marketers struggled to roll out new technology to support CX quickly enough
- 40% of marketers struggled with integrating new technology with existing platforms
So how do DXPs solve these challenges?
A massive perk of DXPs is that they are cloud-based, so they integrate with existing legacy systems to break down the silos and give a holistic view of digital experiences, and they tend to make the C-Suite happy:
- Your CTO won’t need to reinvent how everything fits in together
- Your CFO won’t need to budget to remove and replace an entire legacy system
- Your CXO will be able to make better decisions about customer journeys quicker
- Your CDO will have a consistent view of data across all touchpoints
And underneath them, your entire workforce will be able to collaborate seamlessly through workflows that keep the evolution of your customer and employee journeys on track.
DXPs will give you the flexibility to grow your business and empower your developers to find new ways to engage with your consumer, collect data and create the connected multi-channel experiences today's consumer expects.
Choosing the right DXP
Before you invest, you need to make sure as a business you've set up for success. There are a lot of function-rich platforms available so you can start to rule some of them out by clearly defining what your business requirements are and choosing a platform partner that will help drive you to success whether you need to:
- Power up your digital shopfront by including payment tech and gateways including non-traditional ways of paying such as Klarna and PayPal.
- Build engagement, by making sure you’re showing up where your customers are, making the most of personalized journeys, and being there at a time that’s right for them.
- Improve your digital process by experimenting with your customer and employee journeys to optimize them at every touchpoint.
- Use predictive analytics to make the most of your data to inform your CX in an intelligent way and anticipate the needs of your consumers.
- Leverage AI to get frequent actionable insights across your digital ecosystem to help you improve your CX at speed.
Once all of your stakeholders are aligned, and your business requirements are defined you need to find a platform that has the functionality to help you meet them. A great place to start your search is Gartner’s Magic Quadrant™ where they highlight the leaders, visionaries, niche players, and challengers and share customer reviews all in one place.
Here are a few of our favorites that feature on the list this year:
Sitecore - Gartner Leader
- Services include content management, personalization, and optimization
- Partners in healthcare, retail, manufacturing, and travel verticals
- Clients include: L’Oreal, Microsoft, United Airlines, PUMA
Optimizely - Garner Leader (Customer Choice Award 2021)
- Services include content management, personalization customer data management, and analytics
- Partners in financial services, retail, manufacturing, distribution, technology, and verticals
- Clients include: Peloton, Uber, AMEX
Kentico - Gartner Niche
- Services include content management, UX, personalization, commerce
- Partners in financial services charity, education, and automotive verticals
- Clients include: PPG, Allergen, Red Cross
Need more than one DXP? No problem
It’s not uncommon for businesses to have multiple DXPs all working in harmony together to optimize in different ways and by using the expertise of each individual platform brands are able to revolutionize their business, cut costs and create more pleasurable experiences for customers, partners, and employees.
Wherever you are in your DXP journey, making sure you have the right people on your team is pivotal to success, whether that's for short-term projects or long-term transformations we have the experts to help you drive your business forward.
Get in touch today to have a quick chat about your requirements – your next MVP could be a phone call away.